Mr. Waqar MalikFaculty Member
Mr. Waqar A. Malik is a fellow of The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and is also an alumnus of the Harvard Business School and INSEAD. He joined the Board of Pakistan Oxygen Limited on 7 January 2018 and is also the Non-Executive Chairman of the Board since then.
Mr. Malik’s career of over 27 years with the ICI Plc group based in the UK and then Akzo Nobel in the Netherlands provided him the opportunity to work in Europe and the Americas. He was the Country Head of ICI Plc’s subsidiary in Pakistan, the largest foreign investment in the chemical sector at the time and quoted on the Karachi stock exchange.
Mr. Malik moved on from ICI Pakistan Limited in December 2012 and in 2016 he co-founded a semi private equity company, Adira Capital Holdings (Private) Limited, making the first successful acquisition i.e. Linde Pakistan (Subsidiary of Linde AG).
Mr. Malik is founder Chairman of Noesis (Pvt.) Limited and his other directorships includes: e
- Engro Corporation Limited — Director (Non-Executive & Independent)
- Standard Chartered Bank Pakistan Limited — Director (Non-Executive & Independent)
- Sarmaya-e-Pakistan Limited — Director (Non-Executive & Independent) e TPL Direct Insurance Limited — Director
- TPL Life Insurance — Director
- Adira Capital Holdings (Private) Limited — Director
- Advisory Board of Institute of Business Administration – Member
- I-Care Pakistan — Trustee
Mr. Malik is also member of the visiting faculty of Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance.
His previous engagements were:
- Director, State Bank of Pakistan and the audit chair, & member HR subcommittee of the Board.
- President of the Overseas Chamber of Commerce & Industry (OICCI).
- President, Management Association of Pakistan (MAP).
- Director, Pakistan Business Council (PBC).
Member, Board of Governors Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS).
Trustee, Duke of Edinburgh Trust, Pakistan and Member of Board of Indus Valley School of Art.
Mr. Malik was awarded Prince of Wales medal as a Trustee of the Prince of Wales Pakistan Recovery Fund for the flood victims in 2010.