PICG envisions becoming the leading provider of knowledge on corporate governance best practices for all key stakeholders involved in or affected by corporate governance, with the objective of bringing about national economic and social transformations by improving the quality of corporate governance in Pakistan. To achieve this, the objectives of the Institute are:
- To promote awareness of corporate governance and encourage professional interaction among members.
- To encourage and provide a conducive environment for stakeholders to exchange opinions, knowledge and information on corporate governance issues.
- To collect and circulate corporate information and data pertaining to corporate governance and provide research materials to members.
- To enhance accountability of management to stakeholders including employees, customers, suppliers of the corporation and the environment in which the corporation does its business.
- To strengthen compliance and conformance by corporations to laws and regulations and to enhance self- regulating practices.
- To print and publish newsletters, periodicals, books and leaflets and disseminate the publications to the members.
- To organize conferences, seminars, lectures and exhibitions either independently or otherwise for the members or public at large and to establish and maintain a library, research center, reviews, periodicals, newspapers, investment updates, companies’ statistics and data.
- To strengthen performances of the Institute and enhance the global competitiveness of domestic corporations.