The Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance (PICG) is a not-for-profit company, limited by guarantee and without share capital, setup under section 42 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
The Institute is charged with promoting good corporate governance practices in Pakistan. PICG was established in 2004; and our founding members include the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP), State Bank of Pakistan (SBP), Pakistan Stock Exchange), Non-Bank Financial Institutions (NBFIs) as well as Institute of Chartered Accountants Pakistan (ICAP) and Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMAP)
Good corporate governance is an essential prerequisite for the integrity and credibility of financial institutions, stock exchanges, incorporated companies and the whole market economy.
Enable good governance that creates shared prosperity, an ethical society and an inclusive, sustainable economy.
To create awareness of the benefit of good governance to business and society thereby catalysing best practices for long-term sustainability.
- To broaden the scope of corporate governance to include ESG practices and to foster awareness of its benefits to business and society
- To partner with business, civil society, public sector and other stakeholders, enabling greater compliance through the sharing of data, research; and the organising of trainings, seminars and conferences.
- Establish ESG standards for disclosure and build capacity for reporting through high quality training.
- To enhance the global competitiveness of domestic corporations through capacity building for the consistent practice of good, ethical, governance.
- Establish an ESG index in Pakistan to reposition corporate best practice to align with sustainability priorities and help attract global capital to favour local ESG progressive businesses.
More than 16 Years
Our Services and Products
Director Training Program – DTP
The Code of Corporate Governance (2019) has brought significant changes to corporate governance practices in Pakistan.
At PICG we stand ready to work with boards and C-suites to provide advisory services customized for a constantly evolving regulatory and governance landscape.